Problems printing from Internet Explorer 8

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
minshum

Post by minshum »

I have been using doPDF for a couple of years without issue, until now.
Each month, I print off PDFs of online invoices from IE8. However, this month I have suddenly experienced the following problems:
* The file size has grown from 73-128kB to 3077kB

* I am unable to select (copy & paste) text

* Some of the text fields are printing with a dark highlight
When I open the older files in Adobe Reader, the title/filename at the top of the screen is suffixed with (SECURED). However, I note the new files are not. Perhaps this may help identify the issue?
The only thing I can think of that has changed recently, is that I used InPrivate Browsing for the first time yesterday - but am not using it today.
Is this down to IE8 settings? Printing from Word, etc. is OK.
Please help.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

It seems that the invoices are scanned images, because that would justify the fact that you are unable to select (copy/paste) the text. Can you right-click an invoice and save it to see if it's not actually an image?

Follow us to stay updated:

minshum

Post by minshum »

Thanks Softland,
But the invoices are not scanned immages; they are HTML documents. Once the invoice is displayed as a HTML page, I use the browser Print button and select doPDF as the printer.
The text only becomes unselectable in the resultant PDF and some of the text is highlighted, as if it had been selected.
This happens on more than one site and this procedure has worked well for 2 years. I believe a setting has changed either in doPDF or IE8.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We did not change anything in the doPDF architecture that would result in the problems you are having. Most likely something has changes in the IE8 settings unfortunately, especially if other applications are working without any issues. What we could suggest is for you to try and reinstall IE8 using the Windows available tools or to upgrade to IE9 and see for any difference in the printing outcome.

Follow us to stay updated: