Issues with version 8

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
jsiegrist

Issues with version 8

Post by jsiegrist »

Just FYI

We just rolled back to version 7 of doPDF because version 8 was too buggy for us. We were using it in an enterprise environment of about 350 ish computers almost exclusively running Win 7 64-bit.

I don't have a lot of details on what specifically wasn't working, we were getting enough helpdesk calls about it that I decided to go back to the old version.

The details I do have are instances of people trying to print to pdf and nothing at all happening (This was printing from a web app inside of internet explorer).

I also got a call where if someone changed the default print location it would crash on them (in this case using Excel 2007).

There was at least one instance where the doPDF print spooler got backed up with documents.

I know we got other calls as well but I didn't take them personally so I can't provide any details there.

The good news about version 8, the new silent install features are an outstanding improvement.

PS The specific version is 8.0.915.0

ken481

Re: Issues with version 8

Post by ken481 »

HI

I am also going back to version 7

when i try to print pages from outlook or web browser that contain images - no pdf is created. Also the job remains in "printing" , and trying to delete the job does nothing - the application can't be used then - you would need to uninstall and re-install it again

Ken

siuling337

Post by siuling337 »

Thanks for sharing~!

marjohn

Post by marjohn »

I'm also having problems with version 8, as I did with the later releases of version 7, but I suspect the culprit is Internet Explorer 11 and not doPDF.

The reason I say this is that web pages which cause a problem printing to PDF using doPDF are always in IE11; the same pages print perfectly from Firefox when using doPDF.

Just my thoughts; YMMV.

Regards,

John