Reinstalling doPDF

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
HMMaster

Reinstalling doPDF

Post by HMMaster »

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall doPDF. First, I uninstalled it without error. But I still can see the novaPDF driver and Office plugin in the Add/Remove Program screen. Tried uninstalling it, but the novaPDF will come back after I refresh the program list. I also tried to install doPDF again, but it said that it is already installed, and I need to uninstall it.

What can I do to do a clean uninstall? Help!

madmike73

Re: Reinstalling doPDF

Post by madmike73 »

I have the same problem. I received a message there was a new version of doPDF. I downloaded it and ran it and it said "Cannot run this setup. Please uninstall doPDF from the Control Panel and then run the installation again".

I uninstalled doPDF 8 in Control Panel.
I uninstalled NovaPDF 8 Printer Driver in Control Panel.
I deleted the doPDF 8 printer in Devices and Printers.

I rebooted, NovaPDF 8 Printer Driver shows up in Control Panel again.

I run the doPDF setup program and get the same message "Cannot run this setup. Please uninstall doPDF from the Control Panel and then run the installation again".

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Sorry for this inconvenience, please follow these steps to manually uninstall:
- Open Control Panel \ Programs and check if there is listed “doPDF 8”. If it is, uninstall it; after uninstall press F5 to refresh programs list and see if doPDF 8 was removed from the list
- Also in Programs, check if there is a “novaPDF 8 Printer driver” program listed. If it is, uninstall it; after uninstall press F5 to refresh programs list and see if it was removed from the list

If the “novaPDF 8 Printer driver” re-appears when you press F5, please modify the following registry key:
- Open Registry Editor (type regedit and run as administrator)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softland\novaPDF 8\ and double click on the OEMCount registry key
- Change its value to 0

After above are removed from Programs, open the “C:\ProgramData\Package Cache” folder and delete next folders, if they are there:
OemPackageIdx *
OfficeAddInPackageId *
DriverPackageIdx *

Also in this folder there might be a folder like “{b115fa70-55a6-48da-9afb-4e5e23ba9b78}” (it may be a different number) which has inside a “novapdf.exe/dopdf.exe” file. If you find such folder, delete it.

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

First off thanks for helping.

I removed doPDF 8 successfully
I removed novaPDF Printer Driver but it reappeared in add/remove programs
I edited the registry key

I did not find any of the folders you mentioned in "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache", I did notice there is a "C:\ProgramData\Softland" folder that I did not mess with.

When I try to run the installer for doPDF (version 8.0.910) I got the same result "Cannot run this setup. Please uninstall doPDF from the Control Panel and then run the installation again".

I did try to uninstall novaPDF Printer Driver again and after the registry edit you had me do I got a different result, first during the uninstall it asked to stop Print Spooler which I allowed but then I got an error message "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". Before the regedit the uninstall appeared to run but then it just reappeared in Add/Remove programs, now I have the error message.

I also have the doPDF version 8.0.906 installer and tried to run it to get back to a working version. It runs with no error message but does not install the doPDF 8 printer in Devices and Printers.

I have been very happy with doPDF, I hope you will continue working with me to find a solution.

Mike

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

A little more information.

When I try to uninstall novaPDF Printer Driver it tries to run 522efede.msi.
I found the pointer to this in the registry but I do not seem to have this file.

I notice that other people are posting new threads with the same type of problem, can't update to the new version, can't remove old version.

Is there a stand alone program to clean novaPDF Printer Driver or can 522efede.msi be downloaded safely someplace ?

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

New version today 8.0.911

I hoped it was a fix but no, will not install, same problem, "Cannot run this setup. Please uninstall doPDF from the Control Panel and then run the installation again", still no way to uninstall novaPDF Printer Driver.

Claudiu (Softland)

Please send us to [email protected] the log files located in your TEMP folder (details here http://www.dopdf.com/forum/dopdf-v8-fai ... html#p6637)

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

All logs sent

Claudiu (Softland)

Thank you for sending those.

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

Softland,

I have been out of town and I am checking back to see if you have reviewed the logs and have anything to suggest.

Thanks