doPDF V8 Fails To Install

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Ken Ohrn

doPDF V8 Fails To Install

Post by Ken Ohrn »

Hi: I'm running windows 8.1 with all latest updates.

I have downloaded the latest doPDF from your web site. The installation proceeds normally until about 75%, then fails and backs out.

I have tried 3 times, and have shut down all other apps before retrying.

MikeDiack

Re: doPDF V8 Fails To Install

Post by MikeDiack »

Similar to me. Am uising dopdf v8 build 905, on Windows 7 SP1 x64. The installer fails approx 75% of the way through and rolls back.
I'm running on a Intel Core 2 Duo (with SSE2). The same behaviour occurs with or without anti virus (Comodo) enabled.

In short, the "great new" installer appears to be broken. What was wrong with the old one anyway!?!?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
We've done several tests here and it works on Win7/8. Could you please help us troubleshoot the problem?
All we need is the installation log file, which can be found in the TEMP folder, so this is what we'd need:
1. Go to your windows TEMP folder

Code: Select all

c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\ 
or just use in Windows Explorer environment variables to open it

Code: Select all

%TEMP%
2. There should be 1 or multiple .log files that start with "doPDF_8", for example doPDF_8_20140424152444_0_DriverPackagex64.8.0.905.log
3. Send all those log files to [email protected]

Thank you for your help with this.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)

I am having the same problem. I am sending my logs to the indicated E-mail address.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

I tried to send you the logs, but the E-mail message bounced. Below is the start of the bounce information, between the dashed lines with the bounce subject first:

---------------------------------------------
Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
retry timeout exceeded

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 614475 characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.
---------------------------------------------

I cannot paste more of the bounce message here. Your forum asserts that it contains more than two URLs. Actually, the bounce message contains NO URLs. Your forum, however, treats every E-mail address, message ID header line, envelope-from header line, etc., as if it were a mailto URL.

I will try to resend the logs, each in a separate E-mail message.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi DEros, we received your log files, thank you for sending those. Can you also tell us what antivirus program you have?

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

My anti-virus is AVG Anti-Virus Free 2014 (x64) 2014.0.4577.

I finally sent the log files, each in a separated E-mail message. I received the following reply:
> Hi David,
> It seems from the log files that you don't have administrator rights. With
> the user you tried to install doPDF with, do you have admin rights?

None of this was a problem with doPDF 7. I successfully installed doPDF 7 with the same anti-virus and the same rights that I had when I could not install doPDF 8.

===========

Added after posting:

By the way, I download the FULL installer and then disable my Internet connection before attempting to install. This worked with doPDF 7 and works with full installers of other applications.
Last edited by DERoss on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StephanPaternotte

Post by StephanPaternotte »

Well, any type of user should be able to invoke an installer.
It's up to the installer program to ask the user to (temporarily) raise Administrator rights in lieu of the installation process.

kcpd902

Post by kcpd902 »

Hi,
I'm running windows 7 pro. I tried to install the program several times and I keep getting the error: There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. I've tried this multiple times and I keep getting the same error. Please find out whats up with this install.

Claudiu (Softland)

@kcpd902 could you please send us the log files as instructed above, for us to see if there's a particular problem that can be fixed?

The new installer is written in .NET, most of the errors reported this far (for which we received log files, in total around 14 reports) were related to issues on the system of those that installed the program. We'll post a page with troubleshooting tips for the installer.