Automatic offline

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Mal

Post by Mal »

I've been using doPDF v7 for the longest time now and love it. I've recently reinstalled Win7 64-bit as well as some software. For some reason doPDF stopped working properly. I checked the printer and noticed it's "offline". Tried to change it but it remained grayed out and wouldn't change. I then tried changing it by running as administrator but get the message "The arguments are invalid". My only option is to reinstall it and then it works fine. Every time after reboot I notice it changed to "offline". What could be the probably suddenly?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

So if you re-install doPDF it works fine until you restart the computer and from then on it just shows offline? The print spooler service is the one that takes the printer offline. For network shared printers (be those virtual or physical) this occurs if you have dynamic IPs and one is assigned to the printer, but in this case doPDF doesn't interact at all with the network.
My suggestion is to uninstall doPDF again, restart the print spooler service (without restarting your computer), then restart the computer and install doPDF as administrator.

Follow us to stay updated:

Mal

Post by Mal »

Hi;

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion but the situation didn't change - it's offline upon reboot. Any other ideas?

Mal

Post by Mal »

DoPDF is installed on WinXP as well and is working fine. Thank you! In the startup on WinXP I noticed the file dopdfmn7.dll but I don't see it on Win7. Could this perhaps be the problem? If so, how can I add it to the startup? Every time after reboot I reinstall the program but this file is not in there although I do see it in the Windows\System32 folder.
As per your suggestion to someone I completely uninstalled all dopdf files from the c drive as well as from the registry. I rebooted and then reinstalled the program but nothing doing after booting it's "offline" grayed out and the printing port is missing.

Mal

Post by Mal »

OK I got it. Apparently a Startup Monitor automatically deleted this file from the startup. I removed it from that list and it's working fine. THANK YOU once again for your wonderful program; the best PDF creator around.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi Mal, glad you could solve the problem by yourself and posted the solution here, as others might have the same problem. Can you also mention the name of the Start-up Monitor program that was removing the .dll?

Follow us to stay updated: