Firefox hangs when printing with DoPdf

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
mm.ff

Post by mm.ff »

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Firefox 4.0.1 and DoPdf 7.2.363.

I have this strange behaviour: the first time I print a web page from Firefox, the browser hangs, so I'm obliged to shut it down through Task Manager.

When I start again Firefox and I print the same web page, all is OK.

Could someone help me avoid this nasty situation ?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We have tested this situation using the same Windows OS and doPDF version but we are not getting the issues.
Can you let us know what page/link you are trying to print?
Also have you tried to print from other web browsers and are getting the same issue?
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

mm.ff

Post by mm.ff »

Considering you are not able to reproduce the problem, I did further attempts and it seems that the issue I reported is especially present when I print a web page from a site I accessed through secure connections (https).

So, I cannot suggest you a specific link because I should provide you userid/password: I think you can try printing from a secured site you know.

Besides, I experimented the same problem even with MS Internet Explorer 9: the only difference is that IE9 doesn't hang (probably because IE9 opens a different process for every web page, while there is only one process for Firefox) but the page is not printed.

Thanks for your collaboration

Marco

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
We have tried some secure links for printing the pages but all of them worked.
What can we suggest at this time is for you to completely uninstall the doPDF version you have using the following tutorial:
http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf
And after that, download the latest doPDF version from our website and try again with your page. If that still does not work the it is possible that particular page or pages to have the issue while printing.
Thank you.

mm.ff

Post by mm.ff »

I followed your suggestions but, even with a clean installation of doPdf 7.2.365, the problem still persists with all the secured sites I usually access.

Thanks for your collaboration

Marco

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
Unfortunately if we cannot reproduce the issue there is not much we can do for this to be corrected or to at least find the cause for it.
Thank you for understanding.

csilvado

Post by csilvado »

Guys, this problem occurs with me when the time to inform the name for the file to be saved. But only when I use ctrl-v in the field to the filename. For example, I copied the file name to any text by ctrl-c and ctrl-v used to fill the field of the file name.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
Try to update the doPDF application to the latest build no 7.2.367. and give it another go.
We have tried the same way you have but still not hangs or errors. The secure pages are all printed successfully.