unresponsive script error msg

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
weybrew

Post by weybrew »

When I print to doPDF I will get one or more "unresponsive script" error messages somewhere along the process of selecting a target location or in naming the file name. I click through to continue and the process works fine, but this is pain. I don't have the problem if I send the print job to a standard printer, but I have had the same problem when I was using the Nitro PDF printer. What's happening?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Please let us know from what application you are printing and if this issue is only related to a certain file also send us the file in question so we can give it a try along with the exact doPDF version and Built used for printing.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

weybrew

Post by weybrew »

I'm using Firefox 3.6 and doPDF v7. Test page...http://goo.gl/IzVz. Note this happens with nearly ALL print to PDF jobs. Thanks for your response.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
We printed the page multiple times but no error. I believe you may be having some browser issues. Please access this link for additional information about your issue: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Error
Thank you.

weybrew

Post by weybrew »

Thanks, Softland, I'll work on it. For some reason I've found that if I make doPDF my default printer these errors seem not to be a problem (?).

weybrew

Post by weybrew »

Some add'l info for everyone...When I get my script error msgs, my ERROR CONSOLE shows the following entry:
Warning: The 'charCode' property of a keydown event should not be used. The value is meaningless.
By the way, how do I attach an image on my desktop to this reply?

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
The error you are getting unfortunately does not have anything related to the doPDF installation.
All we can advise is to try the latest build of our application after a complete uninstall of the old build and if you still get the errors you should look for any browser problems.
After a search on the internet on the error "Warning: The 'charCode' property of a keydown event should not be used. The value is meaningless." it seems to be related to Firefox.
Thank you for understanding.

weybrew

Post by weybrew »

Thanks for the link...seems like FF is the culprit here.