Which fonts are supported?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
nhi1000

Post by nhi1000 »

This question probably been answered but I couldn't find it. Which fonts are supported by doPDF? A client sent me a document that included Ariel Unicode MS and doPDF changed it. Is there type?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

doPDF does not embed fonts so if the font used to create the PDF is not found on the recipient's computer, it will be substituted with another one.

Follow us to stay updated:

winactive

Post by winactive »

So basically, the whole purpose of .pdf is defeated!
It's major attraction is that fonts are not required between machines to ensure correct appearance and printing!

Claudiu (Softland)

So basically, the whole purpose of .pdf is defeated!
In a future version of doPDF we'll embed by default all used font subsets.

kryzstoff

Post by kryzstoff »

any update on this must-have feature, embedded fonts ?!?

Claudiu (Softland)

sorry, no news yet.

DBoydNL

Post by DBoydNL »

Yes this is a multipost. That's just how ticked off I am at being hoodwinked by your software.
Huh? You cannot, may not, ought not be permitted to call your product a PDF printer, when the resulting PDF depends on the fonts to be resident on the computer. The whole point of using PDF's is to get away from the fonts story. I just sent two PDF to the printer and had hundreds of copy's made only to discover when I picked them up that my "fancy" fonts had been substituted with "normal" ones. Will you pay for the €63 in printing cost that I just lost out on?
DoPDF does not do what a PDF printer is supposed to do, and what other PDF printers routinely do. Why in the world not? Your product should be removed from the market immediately, or at the very least you need to put a large disclaimer on your site and in the program, that explains to the unsuspecting user that the program does not work properly.
I noticed on the forum that folks have been asking for this idiotic problem to be corrected for a while now. The only thing I read in response is: "next release" and "not yet". This is completely unacceptable. Put me on a list of users who need to be notified when you fix your program so it works as it should. In the mean time I cannot use your program. If no fix is forthcoming, we need to flood forums and user groups worldwide with warnings against using your program.
David Boyd

tfpearce

Post by tfpearce »

I don't know about other users DBoydNL... But GEEZ... you appear to be complaining about a program you paid $0.00 for???? I think that if you believe you were Hoodwinked by this FREE software... Like... WHO IS REALLY TO BLAME???
Spend a few more minutes of your time and go find another FREE PDF generator (they are out there) and use it...
Besides, if you are spending 63 Euros on Printing costs, why not shell out some money for a COMMERCIAL PAID FOR PACKAGE.. Now, if that does not function as advertised, perhaps then you might have a right to complain.
tfp
Get a life!!!

Claudiu (Softland)

doPDF version 6.2 will be released later this week and it includes an option to embed fonts. Apologies to those that have been waiting for this for a long time, but there were other things to be taken care of first.
@David Boyd - sorry you lost money and I won't get into an argue over who's right or not, but sending us an email to say that dopdf is "garbage" or "stupid program" it's not very nice, to say the least. Remember afterall that we develop and distribute doPDF for free.
[Update] Starting with version 6.2, doPDF now includes a font embedding option.