GREAT PROGRAM!! BUT ...

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Ted de Castro

Post by Ted de Castro »

I found dopdf a while ago and have grown to like it more and more as I use it - it FAR FAR surpasses ADOBE ACROBAT 5 (not the free version!). It makes a MUCH better PDF file.
In any event I just upgraded to the current version and was disappointed to find that I can no longer save custom page formats/configurations.
I just completed a very large project where dopdf was used heavily as a printer for several documents from Open Office Writer to create a membership directory for an organization. DOPDF was not only use to make the electronically "published" version in PDF but then to print those images to a booklet form PDF for reproduction from a copy shop. In doing this I created 2 custom page formats that I reused many times and am so glad that I didn't have to remember and then reenter the parameters each time.
I do so hope that the absence of this feature in the upgraded version was just an oversight and that it will soon return especially since the upgrade download had the same name as the older one and overwrote it - so I can't uninstall and go back.
Anyhow - Thanks for a great program and I hope I can get the feature of saving custom page parameters back.
Thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thanks for the feedback Ted, glad you like it. However, to my knowledge dopdf never had an option to save custom page formats/configurations, this was a feature only in novapdf. Are you sure it wasn't novapdf that you had installed?
Right now dopdf lets you define a custom page size, but you can't save it in the Predefined list, and this is how it worked before.

Follow us to stay updated:

Ted de Castro

Post by Ted de Castro »

Well - sorry I can't tell you WHICH version - just that it was somewhere in version 6. Since all the downloads have the same name and the new install overwrote the old - all traces of the older version are gone. BUT under PROPERTIES there were predefined custom sizes and when you set those there was an option to save - and it did save because I came back to the same custom size for months.
Maybe code for Nova PDF got crossed up with DOPDF in one of the builds - but I've never bought NovaPDF and the virtual printer has always called itself doPDF v6.
It was nice. Thanks again for a great program!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Well i think i know what you mean now. You say that when you set a custom size using the Customize fields that now show up under properties, it's not being remembered the second time you open it, right? Let me know if this is the case and also in which application it happened for you so I could reproduce it here (and what OS you have). Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated: