convert multiple jpegs from win Explorer

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
chucker54

Post by chucker54 »

I select multiple files (JPEG images) in Windows Explorer, right click, Print (doPDF is default printer). It converts, but only a small part of image is converted. The "scale to page" option is not available on the Preferences page. Is there a solution for this. I want to convert a large number of files without opening and 'printing' each one.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

dopdf prints them as the regular printer would, so any changes you do you should do them to the printing wizard that starts from explorer. I know in Vista there's an option to "Fit picture to frame" that works best if unchecked, and if you click on Options you'll see Preferences that should open the Printing Preferences of dopdf where you can set the orientation and page size.

Follow us to stay updated:

chucker54

Post by chucker54 »

I have XPSP2. If I highlight a file in Win Explorer (or multiple files) and select Print, the printing starts immediately ---- does not come up with a 'Print box' with options such as 'fit to paper', etc. The only way I can find to have any effect is in 'Printer preferences'. When I go to Settings-Printers- dpPDFV7 then 'Printer Preferences' I get a window which has Page size, Units, Graphics (resolution and scale).
When I print from a normal document, I get a page with 'Print Range', and 'Print Handling', which includes a zoom with a "Fit to Page" option. Under 'Properties' there is the same 'Printer Preferences' described above.
Just tried printing to regular printer and came out same (zoomed to max), so guess this will not work.
So if I have 200 documents to convert, is there no option except to open each one and print one at a time?
Thanks for your time.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

No, you cannot set this from doPDF as it's a problem with the printing wizard. When you select the two photos and hit Print, there should be a Microsoft Photo Printing wizard starting and in one of the screens you can select to fit the photo, crop and fit it and so on... you don't see the printing wizard at all?
I would also suggest to install a different photo editor, have you tried Picasa? You should have the option to do batch photo printing with that. Or Irfanview.

Follow us to stay updated: