Reversion to Portrait

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Niallo

Post by Niallo »

I am having trouble converting a WORD file to pdf. The Word file has two sections, the first is Portrait, the second, Landscape. The pdf output correctly shows the first section in portrait, but only the first page of the second section in landscape. Then it reverts to portrait for the remainder of the section.

Any suggestions?

Niallo

Post by Niallo »

OK I've found a workaround. Instead of allowing a long WORD table to make its own page breaks, insert explicit section breaks with defined Landscape aspect.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thanks for posting the workaround, but still the pdf should display correctly without inserting page breaks. I know this was a bug in a previous version of dopdf, so my question is if you are using the latest version?

Follow us to stay updated:

Niallo

Post by Niallo »

I am using version 6.2.288

Claudiu (Softland)

I did some tests under Office 2003 on XP and it converts it fine. Can you send the word document in question (you can remove most of the text) to info at dopdf dot com? And are you creating it from Office 2007 on Vista?

Niallo

Post by Niallo »

Thx for reply. I will try to make a test file, but cannot do it for a few days.

Niallo

Post by Niallo »

Have been trying to make a demo file to send you, but cannot! If I make the most trivial change to the original, then the pdf is fine. I cannot send you the original because some of the contents are confidential. As I mentioned earlier, if the problem arises again, there is a workaround, and given the problem's elusive nature, I suggest that it is not worth pursuing at the moment. Thanks again for your consideration.

Claudiu (Softland)

No problem, we haven't had reports like this in a long while, so we'll assume it was a temporary one.