Trouble with Multiple Pdfs with one workbook

Post tutorials on using doPDF, or ask a "How Can I" question.
icsdata

Post by icsdata »

Hello,

I am having trouble when I print an Excel workbook. There are a total of 9 worksheets in the workbook with 90 "printable" pages. When I attempt to print using DoPDF, instead of printing a pdf with 90 pages, it attempts to split up the workbook into 6 different pdfs. This does not seem to correspond with the amount of worksheets or pages being printed. I think that this has something to do with the headers in the workbook, since when I create a new workbook in excel and attempt to recreate the problem, I cannot and one pdf is made with the merged multiple worksheets. I don't know if this is a problem with DoPDF since I have alternative pdf printers and all do the same thing. Is there any hope to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, actually this is an issue with the way Excel sends the pages for printing. Please see this article: Printing an entire Excel workbook to a single PDF file

It's applicable to doPDF too.

Follow us to stay updated:

Courval

Post by Courval »

I wanted to add to the article as I followed it and it didn't really work.
I wanted to print a workbook with 4 sheets all in one PDF. The first sheet was in Portrait format and the last 3 landscape. This is what I have done and it works:
1. Set Print Area for each sheet

2. Set Page Set up options for each sheet individually (in particular in this case orientation [portrait / landscape] and Fit to 1 page by 1 page [in my case]

3. Follow the direction in the article linked to above and select Page Set up for all worksheets

4. Set the Paper Size and Print Quality for all sheets
The problem I was having is that one sheet had a print quality of 300 dpi while the others had 600 dpi. This was generating 2 different PDFs that would overwrite each other. The above solved my problem and resulted in 1 PDF with different page orientations.
HTH

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thanks for the addition Courval, will move this to Tutorials.

Follow us to stay updated: