The new installer

Post tutorials on using doPDF, or ask a "How Can I" question.
ullic

The new installer

Post by ullic »

Hi there,
two questions about the new installer for DoPDF 8:

How can I do a silent installation with it? The old parameters doesn't seem to work...

Apparently the installer is downloading files from a remote server. How can I install doPDF 8 on computers without internet connection?

Thank you very much in advance

- Ulli -

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: The new installer

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi Ulli,
Yes, the web installer downloads files from the internet. If you want you can use the full installer of doPDF (which is about 40MB) here:
http://download.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf-full.exe

On the silent installation, we're still working to find a suitable solution for v8, right now the install parameters won't work.
Thank you.

ffapaccount

Post by ffapaccount »

Softland wrote: ...
On the silent installation, we're still working to find a suitable solution for v8, right now the install parameters won't work.
I hope you will give us that option.
For my experience in the long run this will be a major problem in spreading the use of the software.
I'm disappointed of you not evaluating these feature from the beginning!

Thanks anyway for your software. It's one of my favorites!

ullic

Post by ullic »

I'll keep the old 7.3 version then, until an unattended installation ist possible again...

Thank you

- Ulli -

Schneefalke

Post by Schneefalke »

Hi,

seems that even with the new release 8.0.906 unattended installation is still not possible.
Am I right?

Regards,
Sebastian

motorway

Post by motorway »

I'm waiting for silent installation too.

Claudiu (Softland)

We're working on this issue now.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Softland wrote:Yes, the web installer downloads files from the internet. If you want you can use the full installer of doPDF (which is about 40MB) [URL deleted to comply with limit of two per message]
The full installer for doPDF 8.0.906 does not work. This has been the topic of at least two other Forum threads, http://www.dopdf.com/forum/inconsistent ... t4054.html and http://www.dopdf.com/forum/dopdf-v8-fai ... t4056.html.

The full offline installer for doPDF 8.0.907 does work. However, the doPDF home Web page still refers to 8.0.906.
Last edited by DERoss on Thu May 22, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steyn

Post by Steyn »

I downloaded the latest downloader (8.0.907) and tried to install it WITHOUT the Office Addins (it is supposed to be optional) by unticking the optional mark. It does NOT work. It still downloads the huge 40 MB file although I don't want it. :evil:

Claudiu (Softland)

That's true, the add-ins are still downloaded in the event that you decide to install them at a later date.