PDF images/pages created with smaller size than original

Post tutorials on using doPDF, or ask a "How Can I" question.
dopdfuser

Post by dopdfuser »

I see a problem when printing eBooks to a doPDF printer. The resulting pdf file has a lot of white space on all sides of the text ad hence it appears to be much smaller than the original size as seen in the eBook. Does doPDF do a size reduction of the incoming data? Is there an option to turn this off? Can doPDF by default 'fit the text' onto the Letter size page when creating a pdf file?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, I think adobe reader (if that's where you're printing from) resizes that, see this kb article http://www.novapdf.com/kb/when-printing ... y-143.html as it applies to dopdf too. If not, see what's set in the Page properties of doPDF.

Follow us to stay updated:

dopdfuser

Post by dopdfuser »

Hello,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am printing from an ebook reader app called Adobe Digital Editions. There are no setting there to select the output size. When I click on print from the app, it brings up a dialog box where I select the doPDF printer. The doPDF page properties also does not have anything to change the printed image size.

Claudiu (Softland)

Isn't the ebook in a pdf format? If it's in pdf you could open it with adobe reader. However if it's a proprietary format that's not possible. I didn't use the digital editions reader, so if it doesn't have a Print Setup option or something similar then it must not be configurable.

In dopdf you can set the paper size when printing right from the page properties window:

dopdfuser

Post by dopdfuser »

The ebook is in some sort of proporiey Adobe pdf format - I get a <>.pdf file but I cannot open it in Adobe reader. I need to open it in the Digital Editions tool only.

With regards to printing, there is no print option in the tool. Clicking on the print icon in that tool brings up the printers window where I can select a printer to use.
I have some screen shots of how the ebook page looks like vs how the dopdf output at 100% and 150% scaling look like. How do I add them to this post?

Claudiu (Softland)

We could take a look at this but we'll need some files sent to our email address, info[]dopdf[]com Ideally it would be a page of the ebook itself or the ebook, but if not we can look into the screenshots only.