offline view the forum

Post tutorials on using doPDF, or ask a "How Can I" question.
pianocps

Post by pianocps »

how to download the forum to view specific topic? for example I have interest in specific topic in the forum, but there is 300 pages reply, it need to take such a long time to go through all the pages and I want to download it and view it offline (outdoor) ?
I've tried to use this dopdf software, but its seems only can save one page only, if the topic have 300 pages, do I need to do save it 300 times seprately?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

doPDF prints the website exactly as the browser sends it for printing, so if you want to print 300 linked pages with doPDF you have to find a way to make the browser send all 300 pages to doPDF.
A thing you could try is the Print all linked documents option in Internet Explorer, that will try sending for printing all the links of that post (though additional pages might be sent). You can give it a try by going to File->Print->Options and check the Print all linked documents option. Go back to General after that and select doPDF from that list and hit Print.

Follow us to stay updated:

pianocps

Post by pianocps »

Thanks! But if I used Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, how can I print it all pages?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Well I'm not aware of a similar option in FireFox, but I know there should be add-ons that could help with that. Searching briefly I've found this add-on called Universal Print, that lets you print all opened tabs - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2513
If you open all reply pages in a new tab you'll be able to print them (hopefully) in the same PDF.

Follow us to stay updated: