will not recognize custom page when printing from Word

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
ktotheo

will not recognize custom page when printing from Word

Post by ktotheo »

I am running into a problem when I am trying to print to PDF in Word 2010. I have installed doPDF and when I click print in Word, I can select doPDF as the printer. That all works fine, but I am having trouble printing to a custom page size. My project is for a print book and I need the page size to be 5.25 x 8 inches. I have gone through the control panel > devices and printers > print server properties > create new form (and then save the custom input). However when I go to print the word document, the custom page setting does not show as an option (but only when I select doPDF as the printer, it does give me the option when I select my default printer.) How can I get the custom page to show for doPDF? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: will not recognize custom page when printing from Word

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Can you try version 8 too, this version has much more document formats that you can use.

Auser

Post by Auser »

I'm having the same problem. I need to set a custom size, but the option for Custom in the Paper Size section of the Print Setup dialog box is grayed out. When this works, the width and height can be specified. Since it doesn't, the width and height can be chosen by selecting a pre-defined setting for things like letter, legal, envelopes, etc. (and there are a lot of options for this in doPDF!) -- OR "Defined by Driver."

I'm having the same problem with other PDF generators. I've been using PDF generators to make custom-size PDFs for many years, and have never run into this before.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

doPDF 8.0.908 now will recognize the custom page size "sent" to it from other programs, so all you have to do is set the custom page size in Word for instance and the resulting PDF will have that size.