Uninstalling Dopdf improperly deletes registry entry

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Bob Coleman

Uninstalling Dopdf improperly deletes registry entry

Post by Bob Coleman »

On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I have Value Name EPSON WorkForce 30 Series with Value Data C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_IATIEEA.EXE /FU "D:\Application Data - Active\Epson\E_S65E3.tmp" /EF "HKCU"

This causes the creation of a Notification Area icon at system startup which can be used to open my printer settings.

Uninstalling dopdf, including uninstaling an older version as part of a new version installation, removes the above described registry entry. It's easy enough to put it back now that I've discovered what happens, but it doesn't seem that the entry should be deleted.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Uninstalling Dopdf improperly deletes registry entry

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

We'll look into this, would it also be possible to send us an email to [email protected] in case we need more details?

Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Email sent as requested.

Also, I just installed 8.0 Build 911. The installation process didn't, obviously at least, say anything about needing to first uninstall Build 910. The installation process did, however, remove the previously described registry entry.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thank you, we received the email.