Turning off Cache

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Davida

Post by Davida »

Is there a way to turn off the caching in the save pdf dialog? The dialog remembers every directory it sees, even when the directory no longer exists. Further, if a directory is renamed, it shows both the old and new directory. It also seems to be running slower and slower due to this problem.
I'm running vista.
Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

The folder caching is actually provided by Windows, so you'll have to search for a solution on how to turn off folder caching on a vista newsgroup or forum.

Follow us to stay updated:

Davida

Post by Davida »

Thank you for the response.
If this were happening with any other of my applications, I would agree. However, as this is the only one that it happens with, and also has the behavior of a memory leak it sounds more like an initialization/configuration error. Rebooting the machine solves the slowdown issue, while the directories and files still remain, however, with continued use, the slow-down reappears, giving the appearance of the memory leak.
I'll check vista forums for suggestions there, but ask that someone take a look here as well.
thank you.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Can you send a screenshot to info[]dopdf[]com so I could add a possible bug report?

If you're using the same folder to save pdf files most of the times, you could use the Always use this folder option to avoid that 2nd save window.

Follow us to stay updated: