Truncated web page title as printed document title

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
kamosan

Post by kamosan »

doPDFn works perfectly for me and I am very satisfied with it, with the exception of a (for me) very annoying glitch: the suggested file name for a web page to be printed from Firefox is often a truncated version of the page title, which means I have to manually rename the printed file once created.
What is the rationale for this truncation? I cannot honestly see any.
Is there any setting that can be changed to allow using the whole page title as the file name or at least changing the default number of character for the truncated name?
Thanks for feedback,

k

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, that annoying glitch it's Firefox 3's, not dopdf's. Because dopdf prints it with the name that Firefox sends it. You can read about this bug on the mozilla forum at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 35&start=0. There are others that have the same problem and it seems in Firefox 2 works just fine. So add your reply in there to, if they'll see more maybe the developers would do something about it.

Follow us to stay updated:

kamosan

Post by kamosan »

OK, I see, thanks for clarifying the matter..

Waiting for the issue to be resolved, I have installed an addon in Firefox (Copy Title) that copies the page name to the clipboard so that I can paste it into the doPDF print dialog. Better than nothing...

Cheers,

k

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Or you can use a different browser, like Internet Explorer :). Kidding, of course.

Follow us to stay updated: