Troubleshooting doPDF install/uninstall errors

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Claudiu (Softland)

Troubleshooting doPDF install/uninstall errors

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

We're getting a few reports from users that have problems when installing/uninstalling.
If during install/uninstall you encounter an error (i.e progress stops at 25% and a roll back happens or an error is shown) follow these steps:
  • open the Services list in Control Panel \ Administrative tools
  • Select the “Print Spooler service in this list, right click and open Properties dialog
  • Go to the Dependencies page and see if you have any service listed in the “The following system components depend on this service” list
  • If there are other services that depend on the Print Spooler service, find them in the Services list and stop them manually
  • Download and install the latest build of doPDF (currently available on our site)
  • Start back the services you stopped
If the installation still does not work, please send us the installation log files to [email protected]. The log files are named “doPDF*.log” and are located in the Windows temp folder (type %temp% in windows explorer’ address bar).

progers1947

Re: Troubleshooting doPDF install/uninstall errors

Post by progers1947 »

I'm having this problem, fails with error 317.

Log files sent by email

Peter

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni »

I'm too having problems with updating from 933 to 934.
The old version cannot be uninstalled completly so the installation of the new on hangs.
I uninstalled all components of doPdf en NovaPdf manually but I get an error when uninstallingen the NovaPrinter diver. It looks likes it searching for cached installation files or something in the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\DriverPackageIdx64.8.3.933\
That path doesn't exist. So how can I uninstall the Nova driver and then install doPDF?

PS: my log has been send by email.

Claudiu (Softland)

We're looking into these problems and if it's due to doPDF we'll issue a fix.

amsterplan

Post by amsterplan »

When will this happen?

I cannot use, or uninstall doPDF.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,

I cannot tell you an exact date. I created a ticket for that.

burkhurdar

Post by burkhurdar »

Whenever I get an Update Alert & try to update it stops in the middle, Asks to download a full version While trying to install after downloading the Full Installer. It shows an error 'Try Again' (the Old Program could not be uninstalled & had to be manully deleted)
Clicking on it shows a message 'The parameter is incorrect.I could not find the Log files as mentioned
The 'Temp' Folder is empty. Nor could I find any doPDF.log in the search panel of my PC.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi burkhurdar, instead of clicking on the Update alert please uninstall doPDF first and after that restart your computer. Download the latest version and install it after that.

tomjar

Post by tomjar »

Tried to install the latest version 8.5 build 940 on Win 10 64 bit. The installation stops with the following message:
"There is a problem with this installer package. A program required for this installto complete could not be run..."
Softland wrote:We're getting a few reports from users that have problems when installing/uninstalling.
If during install/uninstall you encounter an error (i.e progress stops at 25% and a roll back happens or an error is shown) follow these steps:
  • open the Services list in Control Panel \ Administrative tools
  • Select the “Print Spooler service in this list, right click and open Properties dialog
  • Go to the Dependencies page and see if you have any service listed in the “The following system components depend on this service” list
  • If there are other services that depend on the Print Spooler service, find them in the Services list and stop them manually
  • Download and install the latest build of doPDF (currently available on our site)
  • Start back the services you stopped
If the installation still does not work, please send us the installation log files to [email protected]. The log files are named “doPDF*.log” and are located in the Windows temp folder (type %temp% in windows explorer’ address bar).
The following services are listed as depending:
HTTP Service
Remote Procedure Call
None of them are stoppable.

No log file present.
Softland wrote:instead of clicking on the Update alert please uninstall doPDF first and after that restart your computer. Download the latest version and install it after that.
No trace of the old installation, therefore nothing to uninstall.

Claudiu (Softland)

Are you using the full installer to run the setup (there's a web installer that usually needs to install additional packages, but the full one has them all)? If not, you can download it here:
http://download.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf-full.exe