Trouble with international characters, vowels with macrons

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Shinteetah

Trouble with international characters, vowels with macrons

Post by Shinteetah »

Now that I am FINALLY able to put forward a legitimate question... I did search support when this originally came up and I could not find this issue, so I'm starting a new thread.

When trying to export a document containing vowels with macrons (ō, ū, etc.) DoPDF produces an illegible mess, with kerning and spacing all botched. See the attached screenshots.

I have checked and don't see any hidden code that should be causing this. MS Word can save to PDF without the layout issues, but of course has its own PDF shortcomings, which is why I need another PDF product. Has anyone seen or solved this? Thanks!
Attachments
macron 2.png
macron 2.png (22.33 KiB) Viewed 53105 times
macron 4.png
macron 4.png (8.45 KiB) Viewed 53105 times
macron 5.png
macron 5.png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 53105 times

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Trouble with international characters, vowels with macrons

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, please try to check the option to "Embed all used fonts" from the Save PDF file dialog and let us know if it still happens.
Follow us to stay updated:

Shinteetah

Post by Shinteetah »

Thank you. I generally do embed fonts when saving, but this time it worked. Maybe it just needed 11.x to settle in longer and get comfortable, who knows. Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Glad it worked, if it happens again even if that option is enabled let us know as we can use your document to test and fix. Thank you.
Follow us to stay updated: