The maximum size of a paper of 9999 or 999 millimetres?

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Pessimist

Post by Pessimist »

When I try to expose the paper size of equal 1000 millimetres or there is a message more that the paper size should be between 10 and 10000 millimetres. But 1000 it is obvious more than 10 and less 10000.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Are you using the latest version of doPDF (6.1.265)? If not download it from the main page at http://www.dopdf.com/
Also, what OS do you have installed (and is it a "special" installation like this one mentioned here - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/bug#post-84 )?

Follow us to stay updated:

Pessimist

Post by Pessimist »

I have checked up some machines on which the program has been established. The mistake is shown by different machines. Operational system Windows XP PRO SP2, SP3 RUS and XP PRO ENG + Russian MUI, doPDF5, 6. If to switch units of measurements from millimeters to inches all works normally. I can establish the size of a paper of 50*50 inches. But establish the size of 1270*1270 millimeters I can not. By one machine I have removed doPDF as it is described here.

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf

I download latest version doPDF from your site also have established it in English, but it has not helped.

Claudiu (Softland)

Thanks for the detailed information, it seems that this happens only on systems installed in Russian under specific conditions we couldn't reproduce here. We'll try to see what else we can do but in the meantime it seems the workaround is to switch to inches. Also, after switching to inches and clicking OK, if you re-open the preferences window and switch back to millimeters does it give the error again?

attic

Post by attic »

anon

Post by anon »

Hi, I would like to report the same problem too. I am not using a Russian version of Windows but a normal English Windows XP Pro SP2 installation. Whether I select inches, millimeters or points as measurement unit the same error message appears.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have the newest version installed (6.1.269).

faberk

Post by faberk »

I have the same problem of some_user.

When i change the paper size, one error message "the page width/height should be between 10-10000 millimeters", and print anything, only one blank page.

I installed the latest version software on my licensed WinXP Pro with SP3.

This is a bad behaviour of your software, i think.

Claudiu (Softland)

In the past 5 months I think you're the only one that reported the same problem again, this is why I believe is something local related to your installation. Do you have WinXP installed in English or is it installed in another language? Also, did you try the solution to switch to inches and then back to millimeters?

Hans

Post by Hans »

Hi, here's some feedback about the same problem that I have. When I switch to inches, enter the values and then switch back to millimeters, the width is set to the corresponding millimeter value, but the height is set to 1 mm. No wonder that the error message comes up that the value has to be between 10 and 3276.7! Then it auto-corrects the 1 to 3276 mm (!!!). Typing another value, or clicking OK always prompts the error message to appear again and again..... This looks like a real inch to mm conversion bug in the software.

Claudiu (Softland)

do you have the latest version of dopdf? also, what operating system are you using and is it installed in English? what is the initial height you put in the first step (inches) before switching to millimeters?