System Freezes

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
cooldrawin

Post by cooldrawin »

My System freezes whenever I print a document with Firefox 9.0.1.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and doPDF works fine with all other applications. Even Task Manager hangs and the only viable option is to log off from after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

My doPDF is latest and the problem was with last version too. I use Firefox rarely so I didn't pay much attention to it earlier but sometimes I lose important work as logging off closes all apps.

Thank You

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We tested the Firefox 9.0.1 version with multiple doPDF builds and there were no issues printing web pages from it. Perhaps there is a certain page or pages you want to print and you are receiving the errors. If you can let us know such as page so we can also test it from here it would be great.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

anu0512

Post by anu0512 »

I also having exactly the same issue DoPDF is crashing with Firefox and works fine with Chrome. I have attached the screenshot afterwards only option left is to restart or logoff the computer.
http://i.imgur.com/eMwCY.jpg

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
Can you please send us that exact link you tried to print and you got the system hang for so we can test that from our end. We tried different pages from different sources to test in Firefox but no errors or timeouts so far.
Thank you.

anu0512

Post by anu0512 »

Hi Soft, I just figured out it was an Internet Download Manager Integration Module Add-on which creating this freezing issue. If some user having this issue ask them to restart the FF with disable all Add-on and enable one by one, So it will tell them which particular Add-on is clashing with DoPDF. If this possible your developer check on this and provide the solution or I have to ask to IDM.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
If that particular addon is causing the freezing issues you will need to contact its developers for a resolution or find an update for it. doPDF acts just like a normal printer when converting, it doesn't integrate with Firefox to cause any compatibility issues with other addon modules that may be installed.
Thank you for your understanding.

BMGRAHAM

Post by BMGRAHAM »

I am having the same issue, printing a receipt from AA.com, both on Firefox 17.0.1 and Firefox ESR 10.0.11 - just started happening - or maybe it's the website. Happens on two completely independent machines in two different locations. Causes Firefox to crash. Don't know how you can say it doesn't integrate with Firefox when it crashes Firefox when I am printing to doPDF!

Claudiu (Softland)

@BMGRAHAM - have you tried printing from another browser (chrome or internet explorer) via doPDF to see if it still happens? Or is it possible to send us the url that crashes Firefox?