Suddenly Doesn't Create Files

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Akalaka

Post by Akalaka »

I've used DoPdf for years, and suddenly now it just doesn't create the file. I tried re-installing, but to no avail. I've tried changing the output directory, but no luck. I've tried several applications, and none work. I'm using Windows 7. There was a recent security update, but I used it successfully after that.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

In case anyone has this problem, it was an issue with printing from specific web-pages using a print button script embedded on those web-pages. IE10 was blocking the pop-up printing window.

Follow us to stay updated:

Akalaka

Post by Akalaka »

Nope, this problem has nothing to do with printing web pages. Printing from Word, Notepad, etc all result in no file created.

Akalaka

Post by Akalaka »

I did a second remove and re-install, this time running the DoPDF-7.exe installation program as admin, rather than waiting for the permission request and it's now working again. Curious.

dielectric

Re: Suddenly Doesn't Create Files

Post by dielectric »

Hello guys,

I'm new here so first of all thanks for this great application! I've been using it for years now.
Currently I've installed it on my brand new Windows 8 x64 and was very surprised when discovered that after printing somethingI haven't received the pdf file! I can see that the printing stuck in printing queue. I tried several application including Windows' Notepad.
If you want some logs or something just let me know.