Spam-Filter stopping email-attachment

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
ekunze

Post by ekunze »

Hi,
I sent several times an email with 3 PDF-s created with doPDF to a company, the size of the mails was about 180 kB in total, they did not arrive. I am quite sure the Mail-System & Filter did a bad Job (for me).
After severeal failures I used GhostScrip instead to generate the PDFs and sent them the same way. This came through.
Any Idea ?!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

I don't think this has anything to do with the PDF itself, maybe something changed in the spamfilter (an update or someone whitelisted that). If the PDF doesn't go through, you can rename it to .txt and when the receiver gets it you'll need to rename them back to .txt.

Follow us to stay updated:

ekunze

Post by ekunze »

Hi, tx for answering !
Because of several reasons I would like to track this down with the "Security" of the company. The only difference in the emails coming through or not was the generator for the PDF attachments:
- I successfullx sent frequently PDFs created with Ghost to this customer

- I changed to doPDF (much mor convenient & better colors in PDF)

and could not get the stuff through the wall

- I changed back to GS and got the same mail through 5 minutes after
So: The only difference was the Software creating the attached files. Nothing changed in size, names & attachments of the emails coming (not) through. I assume, something within the "PDF-code" is different & suspicious for supercritical Wall/Filters.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

This is quite strange I admit. There is however an easily noticeable difference (because I don't think the filtes actually go through the code of the PDF), that each PDF created with a ghostscript printer will show in its properties that is Produced by Ghostscript (no matter which printer drive you use, as long as they all use Ghostscript), whereas that created by doPDF will say the Producer is doPDF. So I'm guessing there is something set in the filter to always allow files signed by Ghostscript.
Anyway, do you know by any chance what filter they use or what ISP so we could see if we can test this here? No one else reported a similar issue so I'm guessing there are some manual filters placed in there.

Follow us to stay updated: