Scaling Sizing Issue On Conversion to PDF

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
obelton

Post by obelton »

All files come out alot smaller on conversion to PDF than original sizes. For example I am trying to covert an excel sheet to PDF. If I print directly from the Excel I can fit onto 1 A4 page at 70% scaling. However when I convert to PDF it is dramatically smaller than original! Is there a way to change the margins of the doPDF printer?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

In doPDF's Printing Preferences window you can set up the page size, so make sure you use the same page size in there as in your original excel document. If it still happens, try using the print preview option of Excel to see if the page is scalled or not, if it is it's something in the settings of Excel.

Follow us to stay updated:

obelton

Post by obelton »

My sizing in both excel and doPDF is A4 i.e. 210x297. Problem is that my excel document is scaled down to 70% to fit onto one page when I printout from excel. At this scaling, and because I have reduced margins in excel the printout is relatively large however when I convert using doPDF it carries the 70% scaling down over and the PDF document is very small. There is significant space of white around margins! I just want the PDF to look exactly the same and have the scale as the print out from Excel!
I suspect the problem is with the margins in doPDF. For example the margins on my excel printed spreadsheet is 25mm from txt to edge of paper. The printed doPDF margin is 35mm from txt to edge of paper.