Reinstalling doPDF

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Reinstalling doPDF

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

@madmike - we're releasing a new build next week (early August) with some fixes so when that comes out please install it too as the issue should be solved.

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

I will try it, thanks for your response.

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

Tried new version 8.0.915.0 today.

Same problem.

If someone here has used another PDF printer and is happy with it please recommend it.

I was happy with doPDF but ever since I got the message a new version was available and tried to upgrade it has not worked.

madmike73

Post by madmike73 »

Some more information.

I tried to uninstall novaPDF Printer Driver with Revo Uninstaller but it did not show up as installed even though it was listed in Add/Remove Programs.

I an a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit user so I went to http://support.microsoft.com/mats/progr ... _uninstall and ran the fixit, this removed novaPDF Printer Driver from Add/Remove Programs. After this I was able to run the dpPDF install program, but the PDF printer did not show up in Devices and Printers. I uninstalled doPDF and novaPDF Printer Driver (and after a reboot it did not come back in Add/Remove Programs). I went back to Foxit which gives me both a PDF viewer and PDF printer. I had quite using it because an update had included Opencandy, that is why I switched to doPDF. The current Foxit installed fine and did not have any "junk" with it as near as I can tell.

I was happy with doPDF when it worked, but I could never get it to work again after the update.

I have posted this so if you have novaPDF Printer Driver and can't get rid of it this might help.

espl4usv

Post by espl4usv »

I was able to successfully uninstall the previous version following the instructions. I am not able to install the latest version of dopdf 8.2.927 at all. I have tried rebooting a few times and attempted to install. Installer is going all the way up to 80+% and then throws below error and rolls back. I liked dopdf when it was working, please release a working version or share the instructions on how to install it successfully.
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. "

Claudiu (Softland)

We have a new build just released (929) so please try with it.

ojkoko1128

Post by ojkoko1128 »

I have the exactly same problem.

I deleted all the files you said, but"novaPDF 8 Printer driver" re-appears.

Pop up says 'print spooler should be closed before continueing the install', so close the application.

But it could not remove the driver.

Please answer me how can I solve this problem.

Claudiu (Softland)

Please try version 8.3, it has some fixes in that area.