Problem with installation

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
vkon2007

Post by vkon2007 »

Converter was istalled correctly, but virtual printer not appeared in the list of available printers. What did i do wrong?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

Try reinstalling the latest version from http://www.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf.exe and after it's installed restart your computer and see if it shows in the printer list.

Follow us to stay updated:

anon

Post by anon »

Hello,
I am having the same problem as vkon2007. I installed with the link provided in this thread and still no doPDF printer. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling. Still no doPDF printer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 269 version and still no doPDF printer.
I have used several previous versions with no troubles.
Thank you.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,

First of all completely uninstall doPDF (version you have now) as described here http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf
After that restart your computer and install doPDF again but following the steps below so that the installation could be logged:

Run command line (Start->Run, type cmd and press Ok). Through the command line interface go to the folder where the doPDF setup is saved (usually Desktop) type dopdf.exe /InstallLog and press Enter.
The installation wizard will start. Finish the installation and a log file called doPDFInstall.log will appear in the root of your C drive (full path is C: //doPDFInstall.log).

If doPDF still does not show after this in the printers list, post here the contents of the doPDFInstall.log file.

anon

Post by anon »

Thank you for the instructions. Below is the log file.
------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Sep 03 13:16:49 2008

novaInstaller.exe, parameters:

Installation completed succesfully.

Mon Sep 08 09:13:15 2008

Mon Sep 08 09:13:30 2008

Mon Sep 08 09:13:44 2008

Mon Sep 08 09:46:40 2008

Tue Sep 09 09:15:29 2008

novaInstaller.exe, parameters: -install -name "doPDF v6" -nodefault -languages en -deflanguage en -log

WinMain, installing printer: "doPDF v6"

PdfsInstaller.Initialize, operating system NT version is: 501

PdfsInstaller.GetPrinterDriversFolder, printer drivers directory is: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\"

WinMain, selected languages: en

WinMain, default language: en

WinMain, copy profiles from printer:

PdfsInstaller.DeleteNovaLanguage, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.DeleteLanguageRegSetting, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, starting to copy files

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdfpr6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfpr6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdfui6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfui6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdf6.chm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.chm"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.ctm"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdfmn6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdfmn6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdfmi6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdfmi6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdfcl6.exe" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfcl6.exe"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdf6.ctm"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdf6.clg" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.clg"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-45G9E.tmp\i386\dopdf6_en.lng" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6_en.lng"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing driver ...

PdfsInstaller.InstallDriver, FAILED to install driver: "doPDF 6 Printer Driver" Error = 126

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, added port monitor "doPDF 6 Monitor".

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, creating port: "DOP6:"

OpenPrinter failed, error = 1801

WinMain, There were some ERRORS returning error code: 126
There are several error codes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi, can you try to see if this is the problem http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/dopdf- ... stallation with the wbem folder?

anon

Post by anon »

Thank you, that worked.
Just in case others may have the same trouble
copy the framedyn.dll file to the c:\windows\system32\ directory and reinstall doPDF after that.
This is what worked for me. The framedyn.dll was not in the system32 directory. It was in the wbem directory. I copied framedyn.dll from wbem directory into system32 directory and then reinstalled dopdf. The dopdf printer is now showing up in the printers and faxes window. I made a test pdf and all is working.
Thank you.

autho

Post by autho »

novaInstaller.exe, parameters: -install -name "doPDF v6" -default -languages en;es -deflanguage es -log

WinMain, installing printer: "doPDF v6" and seting as default printer

PdfsInstaller.Initialize, operating system NT version is: 501

PdfsInstaller.GetPrinterDriversFolder, printer drivers directory is: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\"

WinMain, selected languages: en;es

WinMain, default language: es

WinMain, copy profiles from printer:

PdfsInstaller.DeleteNovaLanguage, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.DeleteLanguageRegSetting, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, starting to copy files

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdfpr6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfpr6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdfui6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfui6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6.chm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.chm"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.ctm"

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Stop spooler... hrSppoler = 0

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Start spooler... bOkSpooler = 1

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdfmn6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdfmn6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdfmi6.dll" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdfmi6.dll"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdfcl6.exe" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfcl6.exe"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dopdf6.ctm"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6.clg" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.clg"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6_en.lng" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6_en.lng"

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\AUTHO\CONFIG~1\Temp\is-KE4NJ.tmp\i386\dopdf6_es.lng" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6_es.lng"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing driver ...

PdfsInstaller.InstallDriver, FAILED to install driver: "doPDF 6 Printer Driver" Error = 5

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, did not add "doPDF 6 Monitor" port monitor. Error = 5

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, creating port: "DOP6:"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing printer: "doPDF v6"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPrinter, FAILED to install printer: "doPDF v6" Error = 5

OpenPrinter failed, error = 1801

WinMain, There were some ERRORS returning error code: 5

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi autho,

The error you received means "Access is denied."

This happens if you are trying to install it but not have administrator rights. Please login with a user that has administrator rights and try again.