Printing PDF XFA

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
vletroye

Printing PDF XFA

Post by vletroye »

Hi,

I just discovered doPDF (recommended by a colleague). I did some test to evaluate your product and noticed that the quality of the output is quite poor when printing a PDF XFA (a PDF Form dynamic), although I did use the "high quality" option.

Is this a know "limitation" of doPDF? Or is it most probably related to my PDF XFA ? (NB.: I may not upload my PDF XFA as it's part of a new business app developed by my company)

NB.: I found that printing the PDF XFA as XPS (using the Microsoft XPS Document Writer), the quality is perfect . And I can next print the XPS as a PDF using doPDF :D). However, that's not as straightforward :/

V.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Printing PDF XFA

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

We don't actually recommend converting a PDF file again to PDF since there's quality loss involved. You should print the original document you used to create the PDF XFA via doPDF.

vletroye

Re: Printing PDF XFA

Post by vletroye »

The purpose was to "easily" flatten the PDF XFA (kind of "burning the data" to prevent any further modifications - without installing a PDF XFA Editor).
But I noticed that one could change the settings in Adobe Reader to print the PDF XFA "as image". In that case, printing via doPDF produce an output with good quality...

V.