non-Latin characters: Problem with Arabic letters

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Mutarjim

Post by Mutarjim »

First of all thank you very much for this application, and for offering doPDF free.
My question is related to documents including Arabic words or fully writen in Arabic language.
Apparently doPDF does not recognise most of the Arabic characters and the layout od the document is not respected.
I hope that in a following version this problem will be solved.

Thanks for considering this feedback.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

dopdf should work fine with arabic documents too (just do a test on a website with arabic text), so there must be a problem with the document you've tested. Is it possible to send a document you tested and didn't work correctly to info[at]dopdf[dot]com (we need the document in the original format, and also the output that you obtained)?

Follow us to stay updated:

mike.bch

Post by mike.bch »

I have similar problem with printing in French. Accented French letters, like é, â print out like question marks

I tried several pages, like leparisien.fr. Just open any article and click the print button (to the side of the text).

I am using international english keyboard. I mean, I can print this accented chars. I also have French keyboard installed.

I am using Windows XP Home edition with Hebrew enabled.

Claudiu (Softland)

mike, try also printing from a different browser; and another test you could do is printing but checking the Embed fonts option too.

mutaryim

Post by mutaryim »

Sorry I forgot to check the answers you gave me, please see this post for the samples:
http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/dopdf- ... s#post-850
if you need further samples (or from MS Word also) please contact me al:
mutaryimATgmailDOTcom

mutaryim

Post by mutaryim »

I forgot to say that I use the Firefox browser (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11).
Should I try the MS Explorer or Google Chrome?

Claudiu (Softland)

Try printing from MS Explorer too, and check what option you have selected in View-Encoding (if it's not, try selecting UTF-8); seems strange that it doesn't convert the characters. Also, what's the url for the second example you gave in the other post?

mutaryim

Post by mutaryim »

These are the URLs
for the 1st webpage (Spanish with some Arabic words):
telefonica.net/web2/jmtru/arabe/quecae.html
I tried other view encodings (Arabic standards) and the Arabic letters are well captured when printing from this webpage, but there are some letters from the Spanish text that are not well viewed (on the screen and in the print).
for the 2nd webpage (fully in Arabic):
al-fateh.net/fateh-d/fa-09-151/farha.htm
I tried printing the second one from MS Explorer but I had the same problem. And when selecting UTF-8 enconding in the MS EXplorer, the web page turns into a blank page (everything disappears). In the Firefox, when switching to the UTF-8 encoding view, I get funny characters instead the Arabic text. I get this:
������

Hopefully you can help me :-(