keeping multiple pages in order

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Alan1177

Post by Alan1177 »

When I try to combine multiple pages (say a series of scanned docs as jpegs)

They are combine in 1 pdf file but the pages are not always in the correct order.

how do I keep them in order??

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
Please let us know what version and build of doPDF are you using for printing and also from what software that handles the scanned files are you printing so we can setup a test case.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

Alan1177

Post by Alan1177 »

I'm using doPDF 7.

I highlight the group of scanned jpegs in Windows(XP)Explore, then tell it i want to print and highlight doPDF v7 as the printer and proceed from there

Thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
We tested the situation and doPDF prints in whatever order it receives from the source application (the default Windows Scanner and Fax). It does not alter the image order. You have to check if the order is not changed by the XP Scanned images viewer in the Printing options.

Follow us to stay updated:

clifh2

Re: keeping multiple pages in order

Post by clifh2 »

I have used v7 for some time on Windows XP. I select a series of .jpg files from windows explorer. The files are numered in sequence and I select by highlighting the top file and moving the cursor to the last file and, holding Shift, select it. However, dopdf never prints in the order of the file name or the order that they appeared in Explorer. How do I make doPDF print in the desired order? What other applications might I use to select the files?

Claudiu (Softland)

doPDF has no control on the order of printed documents, this is done by the application you pritn from, in this case Windows Explorer. We do not have a tool for printing multiple files.

Lynne028

Post by Lynne028 »

I have had the same problem.....no matter what I do to try and get the pages to convert in the correct order, it won't do it. Did you ever find a solution to this problem. Thanks.

ldz

Post by ldz »

I actually think I might have figured it out, at least on Windows 7. It doesn't actually make sense why, but it does work :D

For me, I ctrl-clicked each individual file I wanted to add in the order that I wanted it. Then I right clicked on the FIRST file I wanted to show. Then I went to print, and from there, the rest of them showed up in order.

Just as some background, I thought it was weird when I was getting these really odd order of files, so that is why I ctrl-clicked instead of shift-clicked, thinking that windows might be adding them in some weird order instead of the way I wanted them. What I noticed was that my files started with the page 11 (the last one I clicked), then 1-10 were in order. I tried it again, but clicked on page 2 this time, and it came up first, followed by 1, then 3-10. That's when it "clicked" that the one I had my mouse on when I right clicked to print was what was my beginning image.

Hopefully this helps someone out!