HTML print problems

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
angelheart

Post by angelheart »

I cannot print the following website(s) properly.
Is this a problem with dopdf ?
tales-of-pirates-gold.com/viewthread.php?tid=139&extra=page%3D1
some gfx, pages dont show or images cut off edge. how to know the correct page margins ?
some guides are on more that one page, so i have to join 2 or more pdfs to make 1.
This link has scroll data, but the data in the scroller does not get printed.
piratekingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6915
no intelligent or user request page break, mangled page format :(

Melvin

Post by Melvin »

I'm not sure what browser you're using, but I'd guess it might be Firefox. I love Firefox, but it does have problems with printing pages like this.
I just tried Firefox on the first link, and did a print preview. I could see the same problems that you described without printing. It's not a problem with doPDF.
I then switched over to Internet Explorer. Print preview shows the complete page if I switch over to Landscape (instead of Portrait) page format. Also, sometimes I'll change the "Shrink To Fit" option to something like 70% to catch all of the graphics that sometimes gets cut off.
I tried the second link, and I was able to successfully view and print the page (63 pages using Firefox 3.0.7 and doPDF 6.2 Build 293 ... 49 pages with Internet Explorer). I didn't get any errors.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Melvin is right, this isn't a problem with dopdf, in this case is firefox so better use IE for this one.

Follow us to stay updated:

angelheart

Post by angelheart »

thank you so much guys.
I guess I have to get used to using 2 browsers and print/preview in landscape mode.