Generated PDF size difference btw doPDF 5 and 6

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
dwu

Post by dwu »

First, thank you very much for such a great product.
I have both v5 and the latest v6 installed on my PC. I just noticed when I printed a word document (only plain text, no graphics, 42 K) with v5 and v6, I got sizes of 45K and 293K respectively. I kept all the default settings. Is this normal?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

I did a comparison conversion between doPDF 5.2 and doPDF 6.1 and the files created by the latest version are very small compared to version 5. If you send that file to info[at]dopdf[dot]com I'll do a test here and see what might be the problem. But again, the text compression in version 6 is much improved than in version 5.

Follow us to stay updated:

raj_mishra

Post by raj_mishra »

I had created the PDF file using DOPDF and PDF995. But the file created by DOPDF is very huge as compare to the file created by PDF995. The file is in tiff format and original file size is of 688KB. When I convert the file using DOPDF the size of the file become 13885KB but when I convert the same file using PDF995 the file size is 696KB.
I think the previous version of DOPDF work more efficiently then current version. As per my view it's not the problem with the code used in the DOPDF, instead it's a some type of bug which is creating huge file. As per my view this is a serious problem and need to be solved on immediately.
Regards

Raj

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

I cannot give a specific reply if I don't see the file. Can you send the original file you tried converting with doPDF to info[at]dopdf[dot]com so we'd make a comparison?

Follow us to stay updated:

raj_mishra

Post by raj_mishra »

Sorry the file is confidential