Enormous PDF size - but why?

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
einsicht

Post by einsicht »

Hi!
I recently started using doPDF and kind of got to love your program so I'm desperately trying to get it working. The problem is I constantly receive pdfs that are like 10 times bigger then the original file. I convert a 35 kB, 2 pages text-only MS Word 2007 file and I keep getting a 348 kB result pdf. Same for another 16kB one page text file - result =230kB. What gives? I don't embed any fonts (it's all standard) and left all other settings at default. Same story with both doPDF 6 and doPDF 7 and also novaPDF. My system is Win7.

I would really love to continue using your applications since I really dig the ease of use and the interface.. Oh, and the result pdf files keep ingoring my Adobe Reader default 2-pages view. Any suggestions?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
If possible can you please send us the files in question along with the doPDF/novaPDF versions and builds used for the conversions to our support team at [email protected] so we can troubleshoot this further.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

cpisarra

Post by cpisarra »

I have the same problem: HUGE PDF file sizes. Did you figure why this is occurring?
Thanks,

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
As suggested in the previous reply, please submit your file if possible to the mentioned e-mail address so we can troubleshoot this further, along with the exact doPDF version and build.
Thank you.

albher

Post by albher »

I also have observed various cases where DoPDF creates huge pdf files compared to other programs, basically related to MS Office documents. I have sent an example to your support contact just today. I can search for more examples if needed.
Thank you very much,
Albert

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
If you also sent an e-mail with the issues to the support team it will be troubleshooted and answered from there.
Thank you.