doPDF is creating pages in the wrong order

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Judge

doPDF is creating pages in the wrong order

Post by Judge »

I am trying to create a PDF from a series of JPEG images. They are correctly numbered, but doPDF keeps making the document with the images in the wrong order. I have renamed the files repeatedly but the PDF still shows them in the same, incorrect, order.

Lorant (Softland)

Re: doPDF is creating pages in the wrong order

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

What application are you printing the images into PDF with? Or are you using the doPDF Getting Started window?

Judge

Post by Judge »

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been opening a folder of jpeg images > Select All > Right Click > Print > select doPDF as printer. However I now know what has been happening. Even though all the images in the folder are selected, the one I happen to be hovering over when I right click to select 'Print' becomes the first image in the .pdf, despite any numbering of the image files. Say there are six images, all selected. If I right click to print on Image No 3, for example, the .pdf will show them in the order 3,4,
5,6,1,2. Weird, and not like other applications, but now I know, it's okay. I presume this would be the position with any numbered group of items, documents, images or whatever.

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

Glad you figure it out. Unfortunately that order isn't controlled by doPDF, as it acts just as a physical printer would do, so it prints the way the application sending the printing request sends it.