doPDF hanging up spooling when trying to "print" as a PDF

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
gregmaryland

doPDF hanging up spooling when trying to "print" as a PDF

Post by gregmaryland »

I’ve been using this fine for several years. I have an older version of doPDF: it is product version 7.3, file version 7.2.355.

The last few days it hangs up trying to “print” as a pdf. When printing from Word, Word says “preparing to background print the document” but the progress bar stops at about ½ and hangs there forever, and doPDF then takes up about 50% on task manager; I have to end the doPDF process manually.

Windows Event Viewer says spooler operation failed.

It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, regardless of whether printing from Word, internet browser, picture, etc. I have had this problem only the last few days. I am using Office 2003, including of course Word 2003 (SP3). Toshiba Computer is Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1), 64-bit. OS is updated under Microsoft Windows Updates, but other than that I haven’t changed Office, Word, or doPDF in years.

What should I do? Uninstall and reinstall? Uninstall and replace with version 8? What do you think? Welcome any suggestions please! Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: doPDF hanging up spooling when trying to "print" as a PDF

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Yes, please install version 8 of doPDF, there are a lot of fixes in the background between the two versions.