doPDF Freezes when Pasting Text into Filename Field of Save PDF Dialog Box

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
ELM007

Post by ELM007 »

I use doPDF to save online invoices in PDF format. I like to copy the invoice number from the web page, and paste it into the Filename Field of the Save PDF Dialog Box, rather than manually typing the invoice number.
I am able to manually type and change the filename to whatever I want, but when I try to Paste Text into the Filename field, doPDF freezes and / or, the Browser freezes, and I must use Task Manager to End Process. I then restart the browser.
I have this problem with both Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9.
I am using:
doPDF 7.3 Build 379.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, Version 6.1 7601 (x64).

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We made some tests and replicated the behavior however i am afraid there isn't a fix available for this. The problem comes from the focus window determined by Windows/Firefox after the command for printing is made with doPDF. This means that when you click on Print, the doPDF Save window appears however it is not focused (on top and active) so any keystroke you make or paste in this situation, ends up in a timeout as windows does not know where to paste to. As as workaround for this, after you click on Print, you need to click on the Save PDF window with the mouse before selecting the place for the paste and making the paste command from the keyboard.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

ELM007

Post by ELM007 »

I need to clarify something. It seems I CAN paste directly into the doPDF Save PDF Dialog Box without freezing. The freeze happens if I click the Browse button in the doPDF Save PDF Dialog, and then try to Paste text into "that" Browse Dialog - Filename Box.
Have you been able to duplicate "this" behaviour, and is there a work-around?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

The behavior is the same regardless of the way the text is pasted into the field (either browsing or pasting directly). You need to first click on the field where you want to paste the text into in order to make the window active and after that issue the paste command. Directly pasting without clicking on the name field freezes the window.

Follow us to stay updated: