DoPDF doesn't uninstall

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
paul1684

DoPDF doesn't uninstall

Post by paul1684 »

I installde Version 8 on a Windows 7 64 bit computer and it did not work and my Word crashed. I tried to uninstall the program, but it would not uninstall. In desperation, I tried to reinstall the program and at 99% of the installation the install failed. I reinstalled Version 7 and it works. How, do I remove the traces of Version 8?

StephanPaternotte

Re: DoPDF doesn't uninstall

Post by StephanPaternotte »

I first used GeekUninstaller to remove DoPDF8 and thought that all traces had been removed.
Much later when I ran CCleaner for some other reason I noticed that it discovered quite some DoPDF 8 and NovaPDF traces that it was able to remove.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

@paul - did you receive any errors when trying to uninstall?
Would it be possible to send us the logs you have in your TEMP folder that start with doPDF:
1. Go to your windows TEMP folder
c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\

or just use in Windows Explorer environment variables to open it
%TEMP%

2. There should be 1 or multiple .log files that start with "doPDF_8", for example doPDF_8_20140424152444_0_DriverPackagex64.8.0.905.log
3. Send all those log files to [email protected]

ozcheeze

Post by ozcheeze »

Hi, I have tried a number of times to update doPDF to the latest version but it fails at about 50 to 60%. I have tried both forms of update including the full version without success. I then tried to uninstall and found that for some reason I have 2 instances of version 8 showing. I have tried uninstalling both but they fail at about 50%. I would appreciate your help asap

Claudiu (Softland)

@ozcheeze can you send us the log files you have for dopdf (as per the previous instructions I've given to paul)?

Thank you.

ozcheeze

Post by ozcheeze »

Thanks for your prompt reply

I am away from home for as few days and will check when I get back.. rgds Mark

slf141

Post by slf141 »

Unable to uninstall. doPDF stopped converting docs to PDFs. I'd like to uninstall and reinstall to see if this fixes the problem.
Error 0x00000bb9 referenced and Error 0x00000705 referenced. Says windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver. Thanks

slf141

Post by slf141 »

Did not see the log files you've asked the other for.

Claudiu (Softland)

@slf141 - please restart your computer and don't start any other programs than the uninstall from control panel.
Run the uninstall for doPDF and if that error still shows up press OK to continue the process (not cancel).