dopdf as msword printer

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
ldecola

Post by ldecola »

since my last (but one) upgrade of doPDF i can use it as an MSWord printer that comes up when i print from the app.
today i upgraded to "doPDF Free PDF Converter 7.2.359" and the doPDF printer is no longer visible in MSWord
when i go to start > devices & printers i don't see doPDF and i don't know how to add it, tho the convert icon is on my computer

ldecola

Post by ldecola »

i completely uninstalled doPDF then redownloaded and installed. NOW the doPDF appears among my MSWord printers, but nothing happens when i print to this option.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
This is probably an unsuccessful doPDF removal.
Please access this link for a tutorial on how to completely remove the doPDF printer:
http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf
After this has been completed, please restart the PC, install the latest version of doPDF from our website and give it another go.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

ldecola

Post by ldecola »

I found

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3\dopdf7_en.lng

but can't delete it because it's apparently in use by an earlier attempt to print.
i'm tempted to switch to another word-to-pdf app - this one is ok until it breaks!

ldecola

Post by ldecola »

rebooted, and then found yet another file, and deleted both...print from word seems to work ok now. can't the uninstall somehow find ALL the offending files?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
In case of an unsuccessful installation or compatibility issues the files can be locked by the application in question until the PC is restarted or a file unlocker is used to release the file.
We are glad things worked out for you after reinstallation.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated: