dopdf as msword printer

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
ldecola

Postby ldecola » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:29 pm

since my last (but one) upgrade of doPDF i can use it as an MSWord printer that comes up when i print from the app.

today i upgraded to "doPDF Free PDF Converter 7.2.359" and the doPDF printer is no longer visible in MSWord

when i go to start > devices & printers i don't see doPDF and i don't know how to add it, tho the convert icon is on my computer

ldecola

Postby ldecola » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:52 pm

i completely uninstalled doPDF then redownloaded and installed. NOW the doPDF appears among my MSWord printers, but nothing happens when i print to this option.

Softland

Postby Softland » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello,

This is probably an unsuccessful doPDF removal.

Please access this link for a tutorial on how to completely remove the doPDF printer:

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/completely-uninstalling-dopdf

After this has been completed, please restart the PC, install the latest version of doPDF from our website and give it another go.

Thank you.

ldecola

Postby ldecola » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

I found

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3\dopdf7_en.lng

but can't delete it because it's apparently in use by an earlier attempt to print.

i'm tempted to switch to another word-to-pdf app - this one is ok until it breaks!

ldecola

Postby ldecola » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:42 pm

rebooted, and then found yet another file, and deleted both...print from word seems to work ok now. can't the uninstall somehow find ALL the offending files?

Softland

Postby Softland » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Hello,

In case of an unsuccessful installation or compatibility issues the files can be locked by the application in question until the PC is restarted or a file unlocker is used to release the file.

We are glad things worked out for you after reinstallation.

Thank you.

Return to “Troubleshooting”