doPDF 8.0.905 installer crashes

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Contrapunctus

doPDF 8.0.905 installer crashes

Post by Contrapunctus »

The doPDF 8.0.905 installer crashes immediately because of "Instruction Error" at some memory location.

I have an old computer with Windows XP (SP3) and an Athlon XP CPU that does not support SSE2. I suspect that the reason for the crash is that your new installer requires SSE2 support. Please advise.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: doPDF 8.0.905 installer crashes

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, can you please send us the installation log file, which can be found in the TEMP folder to see what went wrong? What we need is this:
1. Go to your windows TEMP folder

Code: Select all

c:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\ 
or just use in Windows Explorer environment variables to open it

Code: Select all

%TEMP%
2. There should be 1 or multiple .log files that start with "doPDF_8", for example doPDF_8_20140424152444_0_DriverPackagex64.8.0.905.log
3. Send all those log files to [email protected]

Thank you for your help with this.

Contrapunctus

Post by Contrapunctus »

No such Temp file is created. The installer fails immediately, as soon as it's clicked, with the application error "The exception Illegal Instruction." I repeated the installation attempt a couple of times, and no Temp file is created.

Claudiu (Softland)

@Contrapunctus - the TEMP folder is a Windows folder so it is on all machines that have windows installed on them. Thank you.

P.S. Do you use Panda Antivirus Cloud? We've had 2 users reporting that it causes problems during installation.

Contrapunctus

Post by Contrapunctus »

The Temp folder exists, but not the doPDF_8 Temp file you cited ... not in the Temp folder or anywhere else on the hard drive.

I use Avira Free Antivirus, not Panda.

Claudiu (Softland)

@Contrapunctus - this means that the installer didn't actually run at all, something was blocking it. Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the error, or copy/paste the error text in here (if it allows this)?
Can you also try with the full installer: http://download.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf-full.exe

Contrapunctus

Post by Contrapunctus »

I've sent a screenshot to [email protected].

The full installer crashes in a similar manner.