Digits has extra spacing if Source Han Serif font is used

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
KrasnayaPloshchad

Digits has extra spacing if Source Han Serif font is used

Post by KrasnayaPloshchad »

Source Han Serif (思源宋体/思源宋體/源ノ明朝/본명조) is a CJK typeface created by Adobe and Google, the fonts is using PostScript outline. But doPDF has an error during the printing work, the digits were inserted extra spacing at the right side.

Type the following characters in WordPad, set the font face as Source Han Serif SC (for example):

Code: Select all

公元2019年7月
After printing with doPDF, the PDF file looks as this after printing:

Windows 10
doPDF 10.1.114

KrasnayaPloshchad

Re: Digits has extra spacing if Source Han Serif font is used

Source Han Serif is available at GitHub.
https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-h ... ee/release

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

We've tested this using the Han Serif regular font and it converts it ok on Windows 10. What language is your operating system in and are you using a different version of the font (i.e. not Regular)? Do you have a way to test converting it from a different editor (i.e. notepad)?

KrasnayaPloshchad

Softland wrote:We've tested this using the Han Serif regular font and it converts it ok on Windows 10. What language is your operating system in and are you using a different version of the font (i.e. not Regular)? Do you have a way to test converting it from a different editor (i.e. notepad)?
OK, I used Windows 10 Home China Edition (家庭中文版), zh-CN locale, and I'm using regular weight, I tested again with Notepad, but the problem still appearing.

But it doesn't appearing if I printed from LibreOffice 6.2.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi, can you try the same conversion with novaPDF (you can get a trial version of it from novapdf.com) but changing the following option:
- go to novaPDF Profile Manager and then click on the Other tab. Uncheck the option to "Optimize text"

We're trying to see if this causes the issue on your system, as on our test computers it works ok.

KrasnayaPloshchad

Softland wrote:Hi, can you try the same conversion with novaPDF (you can get a trial version of it from novapdf.com) but changing the following option:
- go to novaPDF Profile Manager and then click on the Other tab. Uncheck the option to "Optimize text"

We're trying to see if this causes the issue on your system, as on our test computers it works ok.
OK, I did, and I unchecked Optimize text, but it doesn’t help, the problem is still there.

KrasnayaPloshchad

The same text tested with BabelPad:

All these programs above except LibreOffice relying on Uniscribe, LibreOffice uses HarfBuzz instead.
I usually used Source Han Serif SC, but any other language specific version (including TC and K) in OTF formats could also reproduced.

Claudiu (Softland)

Please try out v11 of doPDF.