custom pages resize to letter

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
BroWCarey

Post by BroWCarey »

No matter what I do, the PDF files I create always come out 8.5 X 11 inches. I've set the desired output, which is 12.38 X 9.25 inches. But for some reason, I keep getting 8.5 X 11. My OS is Windows XP, and the issue arises no matter what program I try to create a pdf from.

mandyvigilante

Post by mandyvigilante »

i had that problem for a while - dumb question, but have you changed the page settings in whichever program you are using, as well as in doPDF? for example if you are using word, did you change the page size?

BroWCarey

Post by BroWCarey »

Yes, I did. But some invisible force seems to be overriding it. I can't figure out what it is, though.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

If you set the custom size in the original document, and after that in dopdf too, the resulting PDF will have that custom size. It's strange it happens this way though in your case. Have you tried it from a common program such as notepad or word?

Follow us to stay updated:

noodle7

Post by noodle7 »

I, too, am experiencing this phenomenon. My drawing is 11x17, but the printed PDF is half of the drawing on an 8.5x11 inch page. I get the selected page size if I pick one of the predefined sizes, but 11x17 is not on the list. Any custom size is printed as 8.5x11. I get the same behavior in portrait and landscape. This only happens while using Inkscape (so far). Word and Notepad print to the correct predefined or custom size. It happens under Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2000 SP4. Any hints I should send to the Inkscape folks?

jbr613

Post by jbr613 »

I am having this problem as well in MS Publisher. OS = Windows 7, 64-bit

jbr613

Post by jbr613 »

OK - here's the workaround for Windows 7:

Open Devices and Printers

Single click on DoPDF

Click on Print Server Properties

Click the checkbox "Create New Form" in the dialog box that comes up

Enter a new name for the custom paper size

Enter measurements into bottom of dialog box and click OK

Now, when you print using DoPDF, you can select that paper size in the Paper/Size drop down list.