Cannot clear print queue

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
davenz

Post by davenz »

Hi team and thanks for a great resource for support for this program. I have used doPDF flawlessly for longer than I can remember, however I recently struck an issue that has me beaten. One MS Word 2010 document 'gagged' when sent to the doPDF printer and is now stuck in the queue. I cancelled it of course, but the entry in the print queue is sitting there saying it is 'deleting', the problem being it has been that way now for 2 days. Restarting the computer has no effect on it - the printer still shows 1 document deleting. With a normal printer usually turning it off and on and rebooting the computer clears the memory/queue but of course this is not an option here. How can I manually delete this item as I can no longer print anything to doPDF until this object is cleared. If I have to uninstall and reinstall I will, but for a variety of reasons I would prefer not to, though if that is the only resolve then so be it.
Thanks in advance and have a great 2011.
Dave

davethompson.co.nz

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Please do the following steps to remove the stuck document:
1. Select Cancel printing in the Print queue.
2. Go to the Services area and restart the Print Spooler service.
3. Go to the document queue and click on Cancel again.
4. Go to the Spooler service and give it another restart.
It should solve the issue.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

davenz

Post by davenz »

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give that a try when I get back to my computer. I actually did do the steps you suggest, bar one - I didn't hit cancel again once the spooler service was stopped, instead I restarted the computer, then the service only to find the document still in the queue. I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks again
Dave

davethompson.co.nz

Connercj79

Post by Connercj79 »

I am having the same issue, I have completely uninstalled the PDF Printer and it's still showing as "Deleting" in the queue, please help!
Thank you,

Chris

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
As stated in the previous reply, after canceling the print, please access the Services console, restart the Print spooler service, cancel the print again and after that restart the Print spooler one more time.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated: