Can't uninstall doPDF and its components

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
tenbob

Can't uninstall doPDF and its components

Post by tenbob »

doPDF is a good program, but I want to uninstall it because I'm getting some issues with the add-ins for MS Office.

From the Control Panel I tried to uninstall the various components. Each uninstall ran without any errors. But the programs are still there. I have done this several times and also rebooted the PC. Each time after running the uninstaller the programs are still there. I checked my folders. I can see a lot of stuff in C:\Program Files\Softland. And a lot of stuff in the registry.

In Control Panel I have the following programs that won't uninstall.
  • NovaPDF 8 add-in for Microsoft Office (x64)
    NovaPDF 8 add-in for Microsoft Office (x86)
    NovaPDF 8 Printer Driver
    NovaPDF 8 SDK COM (x64)
    NovaPDF 8 SDK COM (x86)

In my Printers folder I still have the doPDF 8 printer driver and it still works.

Please tell me how to uninstall these items.

Bob

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Can't uninstall doPDF and its components

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
You will need to uninstall doPDF first and after that you must uninstall novaPDF - "NovaPDF 8 SDK COM" is not distributed with doPDF so you must have either installed the SDK separately and you'll need to uninstall it too.

tenbob

Re: Can't uninstall doPDF and its components

Post by tenbob »

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is correct. I completely removed all Softland programs from my PC (see below for details). I then did a clean install of doPDF. After that the following programs were shown in 'Control Panel > Uninstall'.
  • doPDF 8
    NovaPDF 8 Printer Driver
    NovaPDF 8 SDK COM (x64)
    NovaPDF 8 SDK COM (x86)
So it looks like the SDK and NovaPDF Driver are installed at the same time as doPDF.

The problem in my original post was that I could not remove any of these programs. Every time I ran one of the uninstallers it seemed to work, but the program was still there afterwards. The way I fixed it was to install doPDF again over the top of the faulty installation. The installer told me that doPDF was already installed and asked if I wanted to remove it. I said YES and it removed doPDF and all the other associated programs. I was then able to make a clean install of doPDF without the Office add-in, which is what I wanted in the first place.