Browse Window Does Not Close

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
DERoss

Browse Window Does Not Close

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
doPDF 8.3.933

After selecting the Browse button, navigating to the location where the PDF file should be saved, giving the file a name, and selecting the Save button, a non-functional image of the Browse window remains. This window should be cleared from my monitor screen when it is no longer required for user input.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Browse Window Does Not Close

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Did this happen only once or it does so recurrently? Because that Browse window is closed everytime a PDF is successfully created.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

This happens every time.

The Browse window does indeed close after the PDF file is created. However, it should close earlier, after its Save button is selected. After all, the Browse window is no longer functional after Save.

This remains a problem in doPDF 8.3.934.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Actually, NOT every time. If I select Properties on the Print dialogue after selecting doPDF for my printer and then change a property, then the Browse window SOMETIMES will close after selecting the destination.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,

We cannot reproduce the problem. From what application are you trying to print?

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

I get this for any application where I select the Browse button and then navigate to where I want to save the PDF file and also give it a name. Just now, I got this problem "printing" an Excel 2007 spreadsheet to a PDF file.

NOTE: This remains a problem with doPDF 8.3.935.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

This is still a problem with doPDF 8.3.937.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
doPDF 8.5.940

When I select the Browse button on the "doPDF 8 - Save PDF file" window and notice in the Browse navigation window that the path is already what I want and the file name is also okay, I merely dismiss the Browse window. In that case, the Browse window does indeed disappear. However, if I change the path for where I want the PDF file saved, then the Browse window goes behind the "doPDF 8 - Save PDF file" window and remains visible there until the PDF file is created.

Claudiu (Softland)

Sorry but I couldn't reproduce this here, do you have it installed by any chance on another OS to test if it happens there too?

Maydaer

Post by Maydaer »

Most likely, this is due to the inability to break the Internet connection. Restart the router, maybe it will change your dynamic ip, it might help. :)