Attempts to uninstall, reinstall, printing with DoPDF will freeze the system

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
dullerclub748

Attempts to uninstall, reinstall, printing with DoPDF will freeze the system

Post by dullerclub748 »

Hi,

Sometimes back I rilled back my Windows 10 installation back to Windows 7 (x64). After the rollback I found that the entire OS freezes when I sent a print job to DoPDF printer and even Alt+Ctrl+Del functions are also not working when the system freezes. The only solution I had to do a force restart. So, I tried to uninstall DoPDF, again the OS freezes and the same happens when trying to re-install over the current installation.

Recently I tried to disable DoPDF from Print Management console as well as remove the printer driver from there but same OS freezing issue taking place. I searched for a solution within the forum but seems no one have faced this issue before. Currently I have DoPDF v8.5.937 installed in my system and retried installing v8.5.940.

Please can someone assist me to solve this issue without going for a OS re-installation......?

Thanks.

dullerclub748

Re: Attempts to uninstall, reinstall, printing with DoPDF will freeze the system

Post by dullerclub748 »

Ok.... well....

I found a way to solve the issue I had. First I uninstalled remains of NovaPDF modules and then proceeded to un-installation of doPDF installation. When its progress is at 85%, the system went unresponsive and had to do a forced restart. After restarted the PC I removed cleaned the registry using a third party program and reinstalled the latest version.

I have no idea about the issue I had with the system since I am not a pro tech guy. However, that solution lead to a successful re-installation and now the system as well as doPDF is working fine.

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Attempts to uninstall, reinstall, printing with DoPDF will freeze the system

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Glad that it worked and thank you for posting the solution here too.