Works on Windows 8 and Office 15?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
tomplee

Post by tomplee »

Hi, we have bought Acrobat and its pdf printer fails to print from MS Word 2013 on Windows 8. Is doPDF working in this configuration, tested by anyone? Thanks, T.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

doPDF works on Windows 8, so you can install and test it.

Follow us to stay updated:

Leszek

Post by Leszek »

Hi,

I've been using dopdf for years on XP and 7, now I've bought a new comp with 8.

After installation it was ok for a week, next program writes only empty pages. It concerns printing net pages or parts of these pages. MS office is ok for converting.

I've done reinstalls (some times), no change.

Claudiu (Softland)

@leszek, did you install the new version of doPDF?

MidwestMike

Post by MidwestMike »

Well Leszek, you are ahead of me. Dopdf simply will not load on my machine. I also was totally satisfied with dopdf on my Windows 7 machine. I also had to get a new 'puter, alas, with Windows 8. It appears that it is going through the motions, but then is nowhere to be found. And does not show up in the print dialog box. Anybody got a hint on how to get W8 to accept this program?

Claudiu (Softland)

The first version of doPDF that is fully compatible with Windows 8 is doPDF 7.3.387, so it's important to be sure you install that version or a newer one. Do you have a newer version and still it has problems on Windows 8? If so, do the problems only occur when printing via Internet Explorer, or from other programs as well (i.e. Notepad)?

MidwestMike

Post by MidwestMike »

I have been attempting to download whatever version is available on the dopdf web site. I do not see any option prompts for different versions. Is this ever going to be possible to reinstall dopdf??

Leszek

Post by Leszek »

OK, I've installed the last version (.388 I presume), now it works. I hope that it'll not change.

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Hi All,
I've got an issue as well with Windows 8 Home x64 and Office 15 (2013). I downloaded the latest doPDF version (7.3.388). In the Windows explorer, it appears to be the 7.2.355.

Testing :

Word, Outlook, Notepad : KO (printing popup in no responding mode)

Chrome : OK
I changed the compatibility mode to "Windows 7". All works fine now.
Hope that can help.

Leszek

Post by Leszek »

It lasted two months and doPDF is dead (means empty pages printer).