Word options settings

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
bettydev

Post by bettydev »

I love doPDF, but when I print something from the Internet, it changes my Word options and settings. I have to constantly restore those settings. I haven't yet found how to prevent this. Help, please.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Normally when you print from a web browser to PDF, the Word application should not be affected by the conversion.
Can you be more specific what settings are changed in the Word application when you print? Also can you tell us what web browser are you using for printing?
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

bettydev

Post by bettydev »

Thanks for responding. I am using Internet Explorer 9, but just upgraded from ie8 last week. I now get (but don't want): animated text, tab marks don't show ( want them to show), print layout view (instead of normal), lots of "smart" editing, and probably a few other things. I print to pdf files from Outlook, Word, Excel (all Office 2003) and web sites - and do so often. After re-opening Word, I DO save the normal.dot template, and it stays that way for a day or two. I use Adobe Reader 9 for viewing the pdf files. I have tried to identify exactly what scenario changes the settings, but haven't been able to reproduce exactly when the changes occur. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
We cannot assist you in other matters if they are not related to doPDF specifically or its functionality. Our printer converts whatever it receives from the application, it does not make any changes upon the original file or program as it does not contain any options of this sort.
Thank you for understanding.

Follow us to stay updated: