WIN 98 and Composor app

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

My customer is using Win 98 and an app called Composer to create vector images in his sign making business. Upgrading will cost him thousands. He want a way to send images to his customers for approval. I showed him how to use print screen, paste to Paint, crop and save as a jpeg. Not a great image and less than efficient. A PDF file would be perfect!
I know you won't support a WIN 98 install but do you think doPDF might work? Do you have an older version that might work, or maybe NovaPDF? The file output of composer is PLT which is a plot file and I cannot find conversion software without buying Photo-shop or some other expensive solution.
Thanks for any help.

Pete

[email protected]

BTW I just stared playing with doPDF on my XP system using Excel 2010. Wow, this is really nice. Great Job!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

hi, sorry but won't work on windows 98. the only way i can think of is getting the plt file and opening it on your xp machine with a viewer that supports printing (for instance if you have autocad that might work, or you could search online for a free plt viewer/printer). because if you have a program that opens the plt and has a Print function, then you could send it to doPDF.

Follow us to stay updated:

[email protected]

Thanks for your response. I'll do some poking around for a viewer for an XP system. I'll let you know if I have any success.
Pete